ABOUT · FACEBOOK · TWITTER · TUMBLR · BLOG · FOLLOW

Friday 23 August 2013

FRESH FROM THE OVEN


Unfortunately, I did not inherit my mother's talent for cooking and was not raised in a household where baked goods (let alone desserts) were a regular thing (we are more of a Chinese hotpot kind of family). Despite that, somehow I developed a fondness for pastries and basically all things involving shortbread and crumbly, rich, decadent sweet things that constituted your weekly serving of saturated fat (mm!).

But every once in awhile, I attempt to make things and, in this case, it was dark chocolate and walnut brownies, a beginner-level dessert if there ever was one.

Let's be honest, part of this was for the novelty of taking cooking photos on a sunny, well-lit day. No shame.




Fun fact - I've had the Cooking with Asterix cookbook since I was about six or seven. Never tried to bake anything from it.


Chopped up quality dark chocolate (Lindt 78% Cocoa no less) and walnuts for the filling inside the brownies and regular Nestle dark cooking chocolate for the other parts.



Part of the reason I prefer to just eat baked products because making them makes you acutely aware of the fact you're basically just eating butter.


On that lovely note, stir to combine all ingredients. I kind of loved the patterns created by mixing everything together






They did come out slightly more dry than expected, but I was altering measurements in the recipe as I went so that might be the cause. Lessons learnt for Round Two?

No comments:

Post a Comment