ABOUT · FACEBOOK · TWITTER · TUMBLR · BLOG · FOLLOW

Friday 18 April 2014

VERISIMILITUDE




http://elaeye.tumblr.com/post/83076084559/verisimilitude

And now for the 'oh yeah, my blog header says art and photography' portion of my entries...

Those of you who suffered through my endless Twitter and Tumblr promotion of Captive Prince for DABWAHA will be happy to know the novel won (: And I promised the author fanart because she is utterly wonderful and mid-sem break is here (with a huge amount of stuff to do) so here it is~

One of my favourite scenes from Captive Prince, Vol 2 that you really do need to read. Manga-fied because that's my instinctive style...no matter how much I need to practice realism. Bear with me.

I've been dying to draw this scene for ages but couldn't quite get the lines on paper to match the image in my mind - the tilt of Laurent's head, the tension in the scene, clothes and laces (graghhh I'm working on it). I originally had Damen with close-cropped hair but who can resist luxurious curls.

This was my best attempt - especially in the 'comic book page' format which is very new to me. I was trying to get more of a 'flow' in the transitions rather than blocks. Also, oh my god, an attempt at backgrounds? Granted this whole thing got pretty rough after the lineart stage (what is shading? what are light sources????), but baby steps!

Now I must rein in my desire to basically illustrate the whole series and sit impatiently in wait for Book Three and the hard-won preview snippet coming soon (!!!) 
http://elaeye.tumblr.com/post/83076084559/verisimilitude

No comments:

Post a Comment