ABOUT · FACEBOOK · TWITTER · TUMBLR · BLOG · FOLLOW

Sunday 8 September 2013

NEAREST & DEAREST


I admit, this is a rather self-indulgent and unsatisfying small collection of photos (mostly due to my reluctance to show any faces and, as it was a family photoshoot, photos of faces was kind of the point). I was supposed to be a subject, also.

To take family photos for fourteen people walking around The Domain before the Australian sun gets overly glare-y is already a difficult feat in itself. I don't think our poor photographer was prepared for his subjects to also be wielding three DSLRs and no doubt crouching down in the most inconvenient of moments trying to capture the shot he was supposed to capture (I'm sorry!)

This was an exercise of releasing the metaphorical kraken, throwing oneself into the sea and trying to float. My beloved but terrifying (and unnamed) Canon 5D, manual setting and manual focus (half the time) with moving, reluctant subjects. While walking across uneven ground in 8cm platform heels (I was a subject, remember?).

Lots of trial and error, but I felt like we had reached a sort of truce at the end, with tentative feelings of confidence fluttering to the surface. I may take it out to play again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment